|Product:||Allan Block Modular Wall|
|Consultant Engineer:||T Lawrie & partners|
|Main Contractor:||Advance Construction Scotland|
Initial Contact began in May 2014 following contact between Retain and T Lawrie & Partners acting for their client Miller Homes. Retain were supplied with site investigation extracts, trial pits, site and location plans. Of particular concern was an adjacent Scottish Power electricity pylon and the associated exclusion zone. The clients were keen to test Retain's advertised Whole Cycle Involvement.
Indicative drawings and initial quotes were produced within a week. Some months later in September 14 our contracts manager called on site and detailed ground levels were taken at 20 metre centres. Discussion continued with Scottish Power and a number of options were evaluated. In liaison with Advance Construction, Miller Homes, T Lawrie & Partners and Scottish Power a number of issues were addressed including:
- Traffic management requirements involving the closure of one side of the roundabout with traffic signals and signage.
- Method statements outlining the restrictions imposed by Scottish Power.
- Block colour and finish was established by the delivery of samples to site.
- Confirmation that Technical Approval was not required by the authorities was obtained.
- The wall was designed to the appropriate standards and a full set of working drawings were produced, overseen by our Design Director.
An initial instruction was given to carry out the formal design work and a final instruction to proceed was placed in April 15. All the preparatory work paid dividends as the work on site then went without complication completing well within schedule. Retain look forward to working with Miller Homes and all our partners